You might be an experienced makeup artist with enviable skills, but do you have the portfolio images that back up that claim?
No matter what type of makeup career you choose (Fashion, Editorial, Commercial, Bridal), I believe agency quality portfolio images are your best marketing tool and close the deal on better bookings.
In this workshop, we’ll reveal the makeup techniques that create consistent portfolio quality images and the specific skills top photographers and art directors look for.
We’ll demystify the terminology used in a photo shoot, and demonstrate how to work efficiently on set.
You will leave with agency quality portfolio images that will get you booked.
Day 1 – Makeup Training
- AM Session – Lecture and demonstration of makeup themes for photo-shoot.
- PM Session – Guided hands-on student practice session.
Day 2 – Portfolio Photo-Shoot (with agency models).
- AM Session (Part 1) – Timed demonstration of actual working photo-shoot.
- AM Session (Part 2) – Student photo-shoot – “Clean Beauty”.
- PM Session (Part 1) – Student Photo-shoot continues – “Natural Beauty”.
- PM Session (Part 2) – Student Photo-shoot continues – “Student’s Choice”.
TOPICS COVERED IN THIS WORKSHOP
- Kit Focus: What’s in The Basic Shoot Kit?
- Multi-task products to maximize your workflow and edit your kit size.
- The Right Set-Up: Organizing your work area for optimum efficiency.
- The difference between Clean, Natural, Monochromatic and Editorial makeup styles (commercial and advertising).
- Developing an “Editing Eye.”
- Layering makeup looks to expedite on-set makeup changes.
- Collaborating with other creatives (art directors, photographers, wardrobe stylists, etc.) to realize a common vision.
- On-Set Protocol – proper wardrobe, manners, interaction and taking direction.
- Understanding “on-set” language.
The main objective of this class is to produce agency quality images for your marketing (portfolio, website, comp cards, etc.). We will guide you through every step of the photo-shoot to ensure this.
A few weeks after class, you will be invited to view your work online and choose three (3) images. These three (3) images will be retouched and sent to you as hi-resolution (print quality) digital files.
Additional image files can be purchased directly from the photographer.
This is an INTERMEDIATE LEVEL workshop.
Artists wishing to participate should already have basic makeup training. If you don’t, please consider taking MAKEUP MASTER CLASS first.
Day One: Students practice on each other. Day Two: Agency models are supplied.
About Your Educator, Kevin James Bennett
- Recipient of multiple industry-recognized awards for artistry, education, and mentorship.
- Five Emmy nominations and two Emmy Awards for Oustanding Achievement in Makeup.
- 30+ years experience as a working professional makeup artist in all media formats (photo, video, film, stage).
- 15+ years experience facilitating premium makeup education in more than a dozen countries.
- Member of the Make-up Designory (MUD) Program Advisory Committee (P.A.C.), meeting every six months to audit MUD’s curriculum and advise on its relevance to the needs of today’s professional artist.
- Featured educator, keynote speaker, and panelist at international trade shows and expos.
- Industry Expert appearing on Home Shopping Network, Good Morning America, Today Show, Access Hollywood, and Entertainment Tonight.
- Beauty Journalist contributing to trade publications and fashion/lifestyle magazines, including Allure, Glamour, Elle, InStyle, Marie Claire, W Magazine, and Vanity Fair.
- Creator of The Bulletproof Bride™, an internationally recognized system of techniques that focuses on the durability of beauty makeup applications for bridal and special events.
No Classes Scheduled Nearby?
Why wait, when you can HOST A CLASS!
- Choose from an exciting list of makeup seminars and workshops, or let us customize a class for your group.
- Choose your date(s).
- Gather a group of beauty professionals, friends, even customers…it’s up to you.
(minimum number of participants depends on type of class)
Why HOST a Class?
Hosts go to class for FREE, assist the educator, and receive some other very cool surprises…and who doesn’t like surprises, especially makeup surprises!
CONTACT US for more information about hosting makeup education.
Scheduled presenters are subject to change based on availability.