Mastery of “the basics” is essential to building a solid foundation for your career. The Makeup 101 workshop provides a focused understanding of the fundamental principles, techniques, and theories of makeup artistry. But Makeup 101 provides more than basics, it provides a deeper, richer understanding of ALL the skills required to realize your full potential, fortifying your confidence, so you can develop a long-lasting, successful career.
Need to master the fundamentals? Need to reboot and reimagine? These two days of lecture, demos and hands-on training are the answer.
TOPICS COVERED IN THE MAKEUP 101 WORKSHOP
- Kit Focus – A well-stocked Basic Pro Makeup Kit (for All Media Formats).
- Product Knowledge & Formulation (Ingredients)
- Color Theory (for Makeup Artistry)
- Discovering Skin Undertone, Foundation Matching, and Custom Blending
- Perfect Coverage – how to manipulate foundation
- Concealing, Color Correction, and Camouflage
- Assessing Skin Types for Proper Skin Prep
- When to use Primer
- Understanding Face & Eye Shapes
- Highlight & Contour (when and how-to…correctly)
- Classic Feature Enhancing Makeup (The Moneymaker)
- Quick tips to transitioning makeup (Daytime to Evening)
- Creating Complex Color Stories (Using Color Theory)
This workshop is suitable for all experience levels and is especially beneficial for self-taught artists.
NOTE: We do not supply products, brushes, tools or disposables. Students are required to bring their makeup kit when participating in any hands-on workshop.
You will be emailed a detailed kit inventory checklist following your paid registration.
Models are not supplied for this class – students practice on each other.
Scheduled presenters are subject to change based on availability.