Kevin James Bennett is an admitted cosmetics junkie.
In 2005, he created the IN MY KIT® (IMK) website as a review and buying guide for professional artists. In 2013, he introduced the IMK Facebook Group to develop a continuing dialogue between professionals and cosmetics enthusiasts.
The IMK website has developed a loyal international following and is undergoing a complete makeover (relaunching 2017). The Facebook Group is quite popular, with over 34,000 members.
The original intention of IMK was to help new artists make thoughtful and cost-effective choices when building their first makeup kit. Three decades of experience, outstanding credentials, and expansive product knowledge qualify KJB to edit the constant influx of “new” cosmetics and beauty tools. His recommendations are based on testing, under professional working conditions, in all media formats. If a product doesn’t meet his standards, it doesn’t go IN MY KIT®.
IMK Seminars and Webinars allow a select group to interact, live with KJB, and discuss what products and tools are essential in a carefully edited, yet well-stocked multi-media makeup kit.
Each format includes ample Q&A time.
- Skincare and Prep
- Complexion Products (foundations, concealers, etc.)
- Eye Makeup
- Lip Products
- Brushes, Tools & Disposables.
FOR WEBINAR ONLY:
Once your payment has been received, you will be added to a system called GOTOWEBINAR and will receive a registration link (by email) allowing you to log in to the webinars.
Each registration is done manually, so if you don’t receive your welcome email right away, know it is coming (usually 2-3 days before class).
About Your Educator, Kevin James Bennett
- Recipient of multiple industry-recognized awards for artistry, education, and mentorship.
- Five Emmy nominations and two Emmy Awards for Oustanding Achievement in Makeup.
- 30+ years experience as a working professional makeup artist in all media formats (photo, video, film, stage).
- 15+ years experience facilitating premium makeup education in more than a dozen countries.
- Member of the Make-up Designory (MUD) Program Advisory Committee (P.A.C.), meeting every six months to audit MUD’s curriculum and advise on its relevance to the needs of today’s professional artist.
- Featured educator, keynote speaker, and panelist at international trade shows and expos.
- Industry Expert appearing on Home Shopping Network, Good Morning America, Today Show, Access Hollywood, and Entertainment Tonight.
- Beauty Journalist contributing to trade publications and fashion/lifestyle magazines, including Allure, Glamour, Elle, InStyle, Marie Claire, W Magazine, and Vanity Fair.
- Creator of The Bulletproof Bride™, an internationally recognized system of techniques that focuses on the durability of beauty makeup applications for bridal and special events.
No Classes Scheduled Nearby?
Why wait, when you can HOST A CLASS!
- Choose from an exciting list of makeup seminars and workshops, or let us customize a class for your group.
- Choose your date(s).
- Gather a group of beauty professionals, friends, even customers…it’s up to you.
(minimum number of participants depends on type of class)
Why HOST a Class?
Hosts go to class for FREE, assist the educator, and receive some other very cool surprises…and who doesn’t like surprises, especially makeup surprises!
CONTACT US for more information about hosting makeup education.
Scheduled presenters are subject to change based on availability.