Whether it’s a print ad for a clothing company or a nationally televised commercial for a home goods retailer, advertisers target a specific audience for their “product”. The actor or model hired to “reach” that audience must look accessible, relatable and most of all, well-groomed. This master class will guide the participants through the steps to creating the clean, feature-enhancing make-up demanded in the lucrative commercial/advertising industry.
Emmy Award winner Kevin James Bennett will guide you through the grooming tips and tricks to properly access and enhance a person’s appearance, focusing strongly on complexion work and how to simply alter and enhance a person’s appearance on-camera. We will cover proper foundation application, concealing, camouflage and basic commercial-style beauty make-up for all commercial media formats: print, video, and film.
This is an INTERMEDIATE LEVEL workshop.
Artists wishing to participate should already have basic makeup training. If you don’t, please consider taking MAKEUP MASTER CLASS first.
NOTE: We do not supply products, brushes, tools or disposables. Students are required to bring their makeup kit when participating in any hands-on workshop.
You will be emailed a detailed kit inventory checklist following your paid registration.
Models are not supplied for this class – students practice on each other.
ABOUT YOUR EDUCATOR
Emmy Award Winner, Kevin James Bennett
- Member of the Make-up Designory (MUD) Program Advisory Committee (P.A.C.), which meets every 6 months to audit MUD’s curriculum and advise on its relevance to the needs of today’s professional artists.
- Recipient of multiple industry-recognized awards for artistry, education, and mentorship – including five Emmy nominations and two Emmy Awards for Oustanding Achievement in Makeup.
- 30+ years experience working in major international markets as a professional makeup artist for all media formats (print, video, film, stage).
- 15+ years experience as a global educator, presenting premium makeup education in more than a dozen countries.
- Featured platform educator, keynote speaker and panelist at international beauty trade shows and expos.
- Guest Moderator for industry panels, including the FIRST Bridal Business Panel at the International Makeup Artist Trade Show (IMATS) in 2016.
- Industry Expert who has appeared on Access Hollywood, Entertainment Tonight, Good Morning America and the Today Show.
- Contributor to fashion and lifestyle magazines, including Allure, Glamour, Elle, InStyle, Marie Claire, W Magazine and Vanity Fair.
- Creator of The Bulletproof Bride™, an internationally recognized system of techniques that focuses on the durability of beauty makeup applications for bridal and special events.
No Classes Scheduled Nearby?
Why wait, when you can HOST A CLASS!
- Choose from an exciting list of makeup seminars and workshops, or let us customize a class for your group.
- Choose your date(s).
- Gather a group of beauty professionals, friends, even customers…it’s up to you.
(minimum number of participants depends on type of class)
Why HOST a Class?
Hosts go to class for FREE, assist the educator, and receive some other very cool surprises…and who doesn’t like surprises, especially makeup surprises!
CONTACT US for more information about hosting makeup education.
Scheduled presenters are subject to change based on availability.