DAY ONE SEMINAR: Bridal Business Education – Lecture, Q&A
- Getting Started (assisting is your ticket in).
- Community vs Competition – how to navigate both.
- Know Your Market, Know Your Bride, Know Your Worth.
- Branding Is EVERYTHING.
- Being Hungry vs Being Thirsty.
- Why You Need a Website.
- Building Your Portfolio – TFP (Trade For Prints)
- Marketing through Social Media
- Are you ready to Advertise ($$$)?
- Creating a Network with other Bridal Vendors
- Consultation or Preview
- Pricing / Packages
- Full Day Experience
- Destination Weddings
- Special Packages for Ethnic Bridal Events
- Male Grooming
- Same-Sex Weddings
- Extras & Touch-up Kits
- Lessons (for DIY brides)
The “Business” of Having a Business
- Contracts / Retainers / Accepting Payments
- Accounting and Dealing with Uncle Sam (Taxes/Deductions)
- Insurance (and Liability)
- Hiring (and training) Assistants
- Follow-Up (After The Event)
- Real Reviews from Real Brides
DAY TWO WORKSHOP: Bridal Makeup Education – Lecture, Demos, and Hands-On Training
- Stocking Your Makeup Kit – The Bulletproof Bride™ Edition – focusing on waterproof and long-lasting products.
- The latest bridal makeup trends from backstage at NY Bridal Fashion Week.
- How to translate runway looks into wearable styles for bridal clients.
- A step-by-step guide to the prep and application techniques necessary for creating a highly durable makeup that looks great in pictures AND in person.
- Complexion – the make-or-break step of beautiful bridal makeup.
- Fool-proof makeup color stories that will satisfy any bride.
- Quick makeup transitions (for clients with more than one dress/outfit).
- Designing the wedding party (to compliment the bride).
- The Theme Bride (retro, pin-up, etc.).
- Male Grooming
- Organization, timing & expediting.
- Walk-away products (what belongs in a touch-up kit).
This is an INTERMEDIATE LEVEL workshop
Artists wishing to participate n the hands-on workshop should have basic makeup training. If you don’t, please consider taking MAKEUP MASTER CLASS first.
Scheduled presenters are subject to change based on availability.