DAY ONEBridal Business Education
- Getting Started (assisting is your ticket in).
- Community vs Competition – how to navigate both.
- Know Your Market, Know Your Bride, Know Your Worth.
- Branding Is EVERYTHING.
- Being Hungry vs Being Thirsty.
- Why You Need a Website.
- Building Your Portfolio – TFP (Trade For Prints)
- Marketing through Social Media
- Are you ready to Advertise ($$$)?
- Creating a Network with other Bridal Vendors
- Consultation or Preview
- Pricing / Packages
- Full Day Experience
- Destination Weddings
- Special Packages for Ethnic Bridal Events
- Male Grooming
- Same-Sex Weddings
- Extras & Touch-up Kits
- Lessons (for DIY brides)
- Contracts / Retainers / Accepting Payments
- Accounting and Dealing with Uncle Sam (Taxes/Deductions)
- Insurance (and Liability)
- Hiring (and training) Assistants
- Follow-Up (After The Event)
- Real Reviews from Real Brides
DAY TWOBridal Makeup Education
INTERMEDIATE LEVEL CLASSParticipation in this hands-on class requires working experience of basic makeup techniques, including sanitation. This class is not intended for Beginners.
- What’s IN MY KIT® – Bulletproof Bride™ Edition
- Special focus on waterproof and long-lasting products.
- Proper skin assessment and the perfect prep.
- Complexion – correction, coverage, concealing, and stability.
- Special techniques for beautiful makeup effects that look great in pictures AND in person.
- Male Grooming & Same-Sex Weddings.
- Fool-proof makeup color stories that will satisfy any bride.
- The latest bridal makeup trends from backstage at NY Bridal Fashion Week.
- How to translate runway looks into wearable styles for bridal clients.
- Designing the wedding party (to compliment the bride).
- The Theme Bride (retro, pin-up, etc.).
- Quick makeup transitions (for clients with more than one dress/outfit).
Students are required to bring their own makeup kit to participate in any hands-on workshop.
We do not supply products, brushes, tools or disposables (tissues, Q-tips, sponges, etc.).
Following your fully-paid registration, a kit inventory checklist will be emailed to you. This list explains what to bring to class
About Your Educators
Megan Garmers, Owner of MG Hair & Makeup
- Inducted into The Knot’s Best Of Weddings Hall Of Fame and chosen as an Editor’s Pick for “The Knot Best of…” EVERY YEAR since 2011.
- Part of The Knot Ambassador Program (top 3% of wedding professionals in the US)
- Received Wedding Wire’s Bride’s Choice & Couple’s Choice Awards for the past 4 years
- Featured on WEtv’s David Tutera’s “My Fair Wedding” and TLC’s “Randy to the Rescue” with Randy Fenoli from “Say Yes to The Dress”
- Featured in beauty articles for Style Me Pretty, The Knot, Wedding Wire and multiple wedding blog sites.
- Preferred hair and makeup service for the runways of New York International Bridal Fashion Week since 2010.
- Presents Bridal seminars and workshops at The Makeup Show NYC, IMATS NYC, IBS, and Wedding MBA
- Recipient of multiple international awards for excellence in artistry, education, and mentorship.
- Five-time Emmy nominee and two-time Emmy Award winner for Oustanding Achievement in Makeup.
- 30+ years experience as a working professional makeup artist in all media formats (photo, video, film, stage).
- 15+ years experience facilitating premium makeup education in more than a dozen countries.
- Featured educator, keynote speaker, and panelist at international trade shows and expos.
- Industry Expert appearing on Home Shopping Network, Good Morning America, Today Show, Access Hollywood, and Entertainment Tonight,
- Beauty Journalist contributing to trade publications and fashion/lifestyle magazines, including Allure, Glamour, Elle, InStyle, Marie Claire, W Magazine, and Vanity Fair.
- Creator of The Bulletproof Bride™, an internationally recognized system of techniques that focuses on the durability of beauty makeup applications for bridal and special events.