The US bridal industry generates over $50 Billion (yes billion) a year in income for vendors that provide wedding services. Bridal beauty services (hair, makeup, manicure, esthetics) account for over $1 Billion of this estimate. This estimate does not include product sales.
(statistical source: The Knot).
It’s easy to understand why bridal beauty is such a lucrative and smart business direction for beauty professionals.
This class was designed for freelance and salon makeup artists who want to create a bridal beauty business or take their existing business to the next level. The 2-day curriculum includes essential business management information, product knowledge, and event-specific makeup application techniques.
DAY ONEBridal Business Education
Day 1 of this class focuses on the business management information you need to build a successful bridal beauty business.
- Assisting – Your Starting Point
- Community vs Competition
- Know Your Market, Know Your Bride, Know Your Worth.
- Be Hungry, Not Thirsty
- You Need a Website (Branding)
- Building Your Portfolio – TFP (Trade For Prints)
- Marketing through Social Media
- When to Advertise
- Creating a Network with Bridal Vendors
- The Consultation
- Pricing / Packages
- Full Day Experience
- Destination Weddings
- Special Packages for Ethnic Bridal Events
- Male Grooming and Same-Sex Weddings
- Extras & Touch-up Kits
- Lessons (for DIY brides)
- Legalities (Contracts, NDAs, Non-Competes)
- Retainers & Payments
- Accounting (Taxes)
- Insurance (Liability)
- Hiring (and training) Assistants
- Follow-Up (post Event)
- Real Reviews from Real Brides
DAY TWOBridal Makeup Education
Your bridal client wants to look spectacular from the first picture to the last. Given the hazards of weather, tears, hugs, kisses, and partying the night away – bridal makeup can take a beating and look worn and tired before the camera stops capturing the moments of the day.
Day 2 of this class features the products and techniques that create exceptionally durable makeup that remains picture perfect throughout the event.
- What’s IN MY KIT® – Bulletproof Bride™ Edition
- Special focus on waterproof and long-lasting products.
- Proper skin assessment and the perfect prep.
- Complexion – correction, coverage, concealing, and stability.
- Special techniques for beautiful makeup effects that look great in pictures AND in person.
- Male Grooming & Same-Sex Weddings.
- Fool-proof makeup color stories that will satisfy any bride.
- The latest bridal makeup trends from backstage at NY Bridal Fashion Week.
- How to translate runway looks into wearable styles for bridal clients.
- Designing the wedding party (to compliment the bride).
- The Theme Bride (retro, pin-up, etc.).
- Quick makeup transitions (for clients with more than one dress/outfit).
INTERMEDIATE LEVEL CLASS
Participation in the Day-2 hands-on class requires working experience in basic makeup techniques, including sanitation. This class is not intended for Beginners.
Students are required to bring their own makeup kit to participate in any hands-on workshop.
We do not supply products, brushes, tools or disposables (tissues, Q-tips, sponges, etc.).
Following your fully-paid registration, a kit inventory checklist will be emailed to you. This list explains what to bring to class
About Your Educators
- Inducted into The Knot’s Best Of Weddings Hall Of Fame and chosen as an Editor’s Pick for “The Knot Best of…” EVERY YEAR since 2011.
- Part of The Knot Ambassador Program (top 3% of wedding professionals in the US)
- Received Wedding Wire’s Bride’s Choice & Couple’s Choice Awards for the past 4 years
- Featured on WEtv’s David Tutera’s “My Fair Wedding” and TLC’s “Randy to the Rescue” with Randy Fenoli from “Say Yes to The Dress”
- Featured in beauty articles for Style Me Pretty, The Knot, Wedding Wire and multiple wedding blog sites.
- Preferred hair and makeup service for the runways of New York International Bridal Fashion Week since 2010.
- Presents Bridal seminars and workshops at The Makeup Show NYC, IMATS NYC, IBS, and Wedding MBA
- Recipient of multiple international awards for excellence in artistry, education, and mentorship.
- Five-time Emmy nominee and two-time Emmy Award winner for Oustanding Achievement in Makeup.
- 30+ years experience as a working professional makeup artist in all media formats (photo, video, film, stage).
- 15+ years experience facilitating premium makeup education in more than a dozen countries.
- Featured educator, keynote speaker, and panelist at international trade shows and expos.
- Industry Expert appearing on Home Shopping Network, Good Morning America, Today Show, Access Hollywood, and Entertainment Tonight,
- Beauty Journalist contributing to trade publications and fashion/lifestyle magazines, including Allure, Glamour, Elle, InStyle, Marie Claire, W Magazine, and Vanity Fair.
- Creator of The Bulletproof Bride™, an internationally recognized system of techniques that focuses on the durability of beauty makeup applications for bridal and special events.