DAY ONE SEMINAR: Bridal Business Education – Lecture, Q&A
- Getting Your Foot In The Door (and why assisting is a GREAT idea)
- Know Your Bride, Know Your Market, Know Your Worth
- YOU Are Your Brand, and Branding Is Everything
- Website and Social Media Integration
- Creating a Network with Bridal Vendors
- Are you ready to Advertise ($$$)?
- TFP (Trade For Prints) – When and Why
- Being Hungry vs Being Desperate
- Competition or Community
Your Menu of Services
- Consultation or Preview
- Pricing / Packages
- Full Day Experience
- Destination Weddings
- Special Packages for Ethnic Bridal Events
- Male Grooming
- Same-Sex Weddings
- Extras & Touch-up Kits
The “Business” of Having a Business
- Contracts / Retainers / Accepting Payments
- Uncle Sam (Tax Deductions)
- Insurance (and Liability)
- Hiring (and training) Assistants
- Follow-Up (After The Event)
- Real Reviews from Real Brides
DAY TWO WORKSHOP: Bridal Makeup Education – Lecture, Demos, and Hands-On Training
- Stocking Your Makeup Kit – The Bulletproof Bride™ Edition – focusing on waterproof and long-lasting products.
- The latest bridal makeup trends from backstage at NY Bridal Fashion Week 2016.
- How to translate runway looks into wearable styles for bridal clients.
- A step-by-step guide to the prep and application techniques necessary for creating a highly durable makeup that looks great in pictures AND in person.
- Complexion – the make-or-break step of beautiful bridal makeup.
- Fool-proof makeup color stories that will satisfy any bride.
- Quick makeup transitions (for clients with more than one dress/outfit).
- Designing the wedding party (to compliment the bride).
- The Theme Bride (retro, pin-up, etc.).
- Male Grooming
- Organization, timing & expediting.
- Walk-away products (what belongs in a touch-up kit).
This is an INTERMEDIATE LEVEL workshop
Artists wishing to participate should already have basic makeup training. If you don’t, please consider taking MAKEUP MASTER CLASS first.
ABOUT YOUR EDUCATOR
Emmy Award Winner, Kevin James Bennett, is a member of the Make-up Designory (MUD) Program Advisory Committee (P.A.C.), which meets every 6 months to audit MUD’s curriculum and advise on its relevance to the needs of today’s professional artists.
- Recipient of multiple industry-recognized awards for artistry, education, and mentorship.
- Five Emmy nominations and two Emmy Awards for Oustanding Achievement in Makeup.
- 30+ years experience as a working professional makeup artist in all media formats (photo, video, film, stage).
- 15+ years experience facilitating premium makeup education in more than a dozen countries.
- Featured educator, keynote speaker, and panelist at international trade shows and expos.
- Industry Expert appearing on Home Shopping Network, Good Morning America, Today Show, Access Hollywood, and Entertainment Tonight,
- Beauty Journalist contributing to trade publications and fashion/lifestyle magazines, including Allure, Glamour, Elle, InStyle, Marie Claire, W Magazine, and Vanity Fair.
- Creator of The Bulletproof Bride™, an internationally recognized system of techniques that focuses on the durability of beauty makeup applications for bridal and special events.
No Classes Scheduled Nearby?
Why wait, when you can HOST A CLASS!
- Choose from an exciting list of makeup seminars and workshops, or let us customize a class for your group.
- Choose your date(s).
- Gather a group of beauty professionals, friends, even customers…it’s up to you.
(minimum number of participants depends on type of class)
Why HOST a Class?
Hosts go to class for FREE, assist the educator, and receive some other very cool surprises…and who doesn’t like surprises, especially makeup surprises!
CONTACT US for more information about hosting makeup education.
Scheduled presenters are subject to change based on availability.