Tired of waiting for quality short-term beauty education to come to your market?Get the Makeup Education you want, when and where you want it, because with ByRequest…YOU ARE THE HOST.
What are my responsibilities as a ByRequest Host?
- The Host (you) chooses a seminar or workshop from the classes featured on this page or request a customized education event.
- The Host chooses a date, and once confirmed, a retainer (based on the type of class) is paid to hold the date.
- The Host gathers a group of beauty professionals, customers, etc. and charges them a fee to attend the class (and cover the costs of the event)
- The Host secures a great space (with good light) for the class.
WHAT ARE THE PERKS?
- Hosts attend class FREE.
- Hosts get up-close and personal training (by assisting the educator).
- Hosts receive very cool “extras” (that you’re going to want in your kit).
- Hosts keep whatever $$$ are leftover after all expenses for the event are paid (cost of the class, educator’s T&E, location charge, etc.).
Ask questions before investing your hard-earned money on short-term makeup education.
- Does the educator have sufficient work experience and credentials to present this curriculum?
- Do the educator’s credentials justify the price ($$$) of the class?
- What do former students say about the educator’s teaching skills?
A credible educator brings years of experience and personal success to the classroom. I know I can elevate your skill level and increase your earning potential.
- 30+ years as a working professional makeup artist in all media formats (print, runway, video, film, stage).
- 20+ years as a Journeyman in IASTE Local 798 Hair Stylist & Makeup Artist Union (TV & Film).
- 15+ years of highly rated makeup education in over a dozen countries.
- Featured educator, keynote speaker, and panelist at international trade shows and expos, including IMATS, The Makeup Show, The Artist Summit, IBS, ABS, and Beauty Dusseldorf.
- Industry Expert providing beauty commentary on Home Shopping Network, Good Morning America, Today Show, Access Hollywood, and Entertainment Tonight,
- Beauty Journalist contributing to trade publications and fashion/lifestyle magazines, including Allure, Glamour, Elle, InStyle, Marie Claire, W Magazine, and Vanity Fair.
- Member of the Make-up Designory (MUD) Program Advisory Committee (P.A.C.), which audits MUD’s curriculum and advises on its relevance to the needs of today’s professional artist.
Makeup Education 2018
Makeup Education FAQ
(Frequently Asked Questions)
With so much makeup education available, how do I make the best choice?
There are many exceptional artists with incredible talent in our industry – but many of these accomplished artists lack the ability to teach. I’ve spent decades building my reputation as a premier educator and have been recognized and awarded for my teaching abilities.
Where can I find information about what’s taught in each course?
Hover over any class image above and click on the “+” icon. You’ll be taken to the class description and registration page. You can also read what former students thought of the class in the Reviews tab. Please contact us for any additional information.
What level of experience is needed to take these classes?
The experience level required for each class will be indicated on that course’s description page.
What do I bring to class?
After registering for your class, we’ll email a list of the items needed to participate in that course . In most cases, it will be a basic makeup kit. If you don’t know where to stock up on certain items, please contact us and we’ll direct you to trusted retailers.
Do you offer online classes?
I offer Business and Special Focus Webinars. I do not offer technical beauty training online. I feel this training is most effective when presented in-person, with the hands-on guidance of the educator.
Do you offer guidance to students AFTER classes are over?
Absolutely. I create private Facebook groups for each workshop and add Alumni after you’ve completed the class. In the Alumni group, we’ll answer your questions, share additional information and offer industry insights that will help you implement your new skills most effectively. Once you’ve trained with me, you’ll always have my mentorship.