Kevin James Bennett is known across the industry as one of the most product-driven, business-focused artists of a generation. Not only is he an Emmy® Award winner and incredibly successful makeup artist, he is a leader and educator in all aspects of this industry, an inspirational voice and, without a doubt, one of the most intensive product experts. He gives you a wealth of knowledge every time he speaks…
— Michael DeVellis
Executive Director, The Powder Group
ARTISTRY & SPECIAL EFFECTS
A multiple Emmy Award winner with over three decades of makeup artistry and SFX experience in all media formats (runway, print, video, stage and film). Kevin has been a Journeyman member of the IATSE Local 798 Hair Stylist and Makeup Artist Union for twenty years.
- Beauty, SFX & Airbrush makeup services for Photo, Film, Broadcast & Stage.
- Makeup services for Media Tours, Press & Red Carpet Events – local or destination.
- Special Event makeup services – local or destination.
- One-On-One consumer makeup consulting (personal shopping service available).
EDUCATION & JOURNALISM
A respected industry expert and influencer, known for his superior product and technical knowledge. Kevin provides live, recorded and written cosmetic education and commentary in a compelling, digestible and highly entertaining manner.
- Brand Ambassador, Spokesperson & Beauty Expert for Broadcast, Promotional Events, Trade Shows and Expos.
- Cosmetic Journalism, Product Reviews & Tutorials.
- Guest Editor/Contributor for Blogs, Vlogs & Podcasts.
- Beauty Education & Events for Professional or Consumer audiences.
Delivering intelligent, imaginative and innovative solutions to the cosmetic industry, while connecting key resources & partners. Corporate clients include L’Oreal, Coty, LVMH, Johnson & Johnson and P&G, plus independent cosmetic companies and entrepreneurs.
- Brand Creation & Development.
- Product Innovation, Development or Reformulation.
- Creative, Trend & Color Forecasting or Direction.
- Marketing, Sales Promotion and Event Coordination.
- Field Education & Development of Training Materials.
- Social Media Integration & Strategies.
Kevin is a rare combination of understanding the needs of customers and understanding the needs of a company. His expansive cosmetic knowledge, eye for innovation and ability to anticipate trends make him one of the top developers in our industry.
— Poppy King
CEO/Creative Director, Lipstick Queen
1995 Fulfilled all requirements and initiated into the IATSE Local 798 Makeup Artist & Hair Stylist Union at Entry Level.
- Upgraded to IATSE Local 798 Journeyman Makeup Artist status.
- First of five Emmy® Award Nominations for Outstanding Achievement in Makeup.
2001 Won first of two consecutive Emmy® Awards for Outstanding Achievement in Makeup.
2005 Launched IN MY KIT® (inmykit.com), the first online cosmetic review and buying guide dedicated to professional makeup artists. Reviews and recomendations are based on quality, performance and stability in all media formats. It has become the pro’s product bible and gained international recognition as a beauty insider’s best kept secret to what the pros really use.
- Named Director of Pro Business Development, Make Up For Ever USA. Assisted brand creator Dany Sanz and International Team on Corporate Brand and Product Development.
- First appearance as MUFE on-air beauty expert for HSN (Home Shopping Network)
2009 Hired to transition HSN‘s vanity departments (hair/makeup, wardrobe) to broadcast HD Digital Format. Worked closely with all departments, including lighting and digital video tech.
- Launched the independent consulting company, Makeup Art + Design Enterprises (MADE). Specializing in Brand/Product Development and Marketing.
- Introduced The Cosmetics Junkie™ Blog, dedicated to the cosmetics industry and the people working in it.
- First American recipient of the International Goldene Maske für Visagistik Award for excellence in artistry, industry support, education and mentorship. Other recipients include legendary Hollywood makeup artist, Michael Westmore.
- Designed the [R]evolution Collection of Professional Makeup Brushes for Royal & Langnickel Brush Company and became Brand Ambassador for all press and trade events.
- Launched the IN MY KIT® Facebook Group, to create a real-time conversation between consumers and professional artists. The group’s topics focus on cosmetic products, industry news and innovative application techniques.
(IMK Group membership exceeds 26,000 “cosmetics junkies”)
- Guest Speaker/Presenter at The Artist Summit 2013.
2014 Chosen as Keynote Speaker for the International Makeup Artist Trade Show (IMATS).
2015 Launched THE WORKING ARTIST COMPANY with Erica Carr. WAC offers premiere beauty events and education, featuring industry experts recognized for their outstanding teaching abilities.