Kevin James Bennett is known across the industry as one of the most product-driven, business-focused artists of a generation. Not only is he an Emmy® Award winner and incredibly successful makeup artist, he is a leader and educator in all aspects of this industry, an inspirational voice and, without a doubt, one of the most intensive product experts.
— Michael DeVellis
Executive Director, The Powder Group
Journalist | Blogger | Beauty Editor
Commercial | Editorial | Advertising
Kevin is a rare combination of understanding the needs of customers and understanding the needs of a company. His expansive cosmetic knowledge, eye for innovation and ability to anticipate trends make him one of the top developers in our industry.
— Poppy King
CEO/Creative Director, Lipstick Queen
As an independent consultant, Kevin focuses on delivering intelligent, imaginative and innovative solutions to the cosmetic industry. His client list includes brands under the L’Oreal, Coty, LVMH, Johnson & Johnson and Proctor & Gamble banners, as well as independent cosmetic companies and entrepreneurs.
- Brand Development & Product Innovation
- Creative, Trend & Color Direction
- Marketing & Sales Promotion
- Field Education & Training Materials
- Social Media Integration & Strategies
Kevin’s accolades as an international educator and beauty editor stem from the ability to share his superior cosmetic knowledge in a compelling and highly entertaining manner.
- Brand Ambassador, Spokesperson & Beauty Expert for Broadcast, Satellite Tours, Promotional Events, Trade Shows and Industry Expos
- Cosmetic Journalism, Product Reviews and Tutorials
- Guest Editor/Contributor for Blogs, Vlogs and Podcasts
- WORKINGARTISTPRODUCTIONS – Beauty Events & Education for Professional or Consumer audiences.
Kevin’s makeup artistry and special effects skills are based on 30 years of retail, runway, print, video, stage and film experience. He has been an IATSE Local 798 union makeup artist for 20 years and a vested Journeyman for 18 years.
- Beauty, SFX and Airbrush makeup services for Photo, Film, Broadcast & Stage.
- On-location services for Media Tours, Press Junkets and Red Carpet Events.
- One-On-One consumer makeup training (personal shopping services are also available).
- Bridal and Special Event makeup services.
Kevin James Bennett has been nominated 5 times and won 2 Emmy® Awards for Outstanding Achievement in Makeup.
2005: Launched IN MY KIT® (inmykit.com), the first online cosmetic review and buying guide dedicated to professional makeup artists. It features pro quality products that perform above standards in all media formats. It has become the pro’s product bible and gained international recognition as a beauty insider’s best kept secret.
2007: First appearance as an on-air beauty expert for HSN (Home Shopping Network)
2009: Hired as a consultant to transition HSN to full HD Digital Format, working with all departments (hair/makeup, wardrobe, lighting, video) on the conversion.
2010: Introduced the Cosmetics Junkie™ Blog to share even more of his cosmetic addiction.
2012: Became the first American recipient of the International Goldene Maske für Visagistik Award for excellence in artistry, industry support, education and mentorship. Other recipients include legendary Hollywood makeup artist, Michael Westmore.
2013: Launched the IN MY KIT® Facebook Group, to create a real-time conversation between consumers and professional artists. The group’s topics focus on cosmetic products, industry news and innovative application techniques.
(IMK Group membership exceeded 20,000 fellow cosmetics junkies in its first year.)
2014: Keynote Speaker at the International Makeup Artist Trade Show (IMATS).
2015: Launched WORKINGARTISTPRODUCTIONS, offering premiere beauty events and education, featuring recognized industry experts.