KEVIN JAMES BENNETTartist | developer | educator | journalist | overachiever
Kevin James Bennett is known across the industry as one of the most product-driven, business-focused artists of a generation. Not only is he an Emmy® Award winner and incredibly successful makeup artist, he is a leader and educator in all aspects of this industry, an inspirational voice and, without a doubt, one of the most intensive product experts.Michael DeVellis
ARTISTRY & SPECIAL EFFECTS
Kevin is a multiple Emmy Award winner with over three decades of makeup artistry and SFX experience in all media formats (print, runway, stage, video and film). He has been a member and Journeyman in the IATSE Local 798 Hair Stylist and Makeup Artist Union for twenty years.
- Beauty, SFX & Airbrush Makeup for all media formats.
- Makeup for Press Junkets, Satellite Tours & Red Carpet Events.
- Bridal & Special Event Makeup (local & destination).
- 1-On-1 Makeup Consultation & Training
Kevin is one of the most passionate people I have ever met when it comes to makeup! He has a keen business sense and true devotion to his craft. He goes the extra mile …and then the next one too. The man is a force of nature. Whatever he sets his mind to have done will no doubt be accomplished successfully and beautifully.Shivan Sarna
EDUCATION & JOURNALISM
Kevin is a respected global educator and influencer, recognized for his superior product and technical knowledge. He facilitates live, recorded and written cosmetic education and beauty commentary in a compelling and highly entertaining manner.
- Brand Ambassador & Beauty Expert for Broadcast, Promotional Events, Trade Shows & Expos.
- Cosmetic Journalism, Product Reviews & Tutorials for all media formats.
- Global Makeup Education & Learning Events for Professionals & Consumers.
Kevin is a rare combination of understanding the needs of customers and understanding the needs of a company. His expansive cosmetic knowledge, eye for innovation and ability to anticipate trends are the invaluable skills of a top developer.Poppy King
Kevin has spent decades delivering intelligent, imaginative and innovative solutions to the cosmetic industry, while connecting key resources & partners. He has worked with brands under the corporate umbrella of L’Oreal, Coty, LVMH, Johnson & Johnson and P&G, plus independent cosmetic companies and entrepreneurs.
- Brand Creation & Development.
- Rebranding Existing Companies.
- Product Innovation, Development & Reformulation.
- Marketing, Sales Promotion & Event Coordination.
- Field Education & Development of Training Materials.
- Social Media Integration & Strategies.
career milestones over the past 20 yrs
A PDF of Kevin’s full credits and client list is available for qualified requests.
- Initiated into the IATSE Local 798 Makeup Artist & Hair Stylist Union.
- Promoted to Journeyman Makeup Artist status at IATSE Local 798.
- First of five Emmy® Award Nominations for Outstanding Achievement in Makeup.
- Won first of two consecutive Emmy® Awards for Outstanding Achievement in Makeup (2001, 2002)
- Launched IN MY KIT® (IMK), the first online cosmetic review and buying guide dedicated to professional makeup artists.
- Contracted to transition HSN to HD Digital Format for live broadcasts, working with all vanity departments, lighting and digital video tech.
- Launched the independent consulting company, Makeup Art + Design Enterprises (MADE). Specializing in Brand/Product Development and Marketing.
- Introduced The Cosmetics Junkie™ Blog.
- Keynote Speaker for the International Makeup Artist Trade Show (IMATS).